Open Outreach is designed so it can be installed and used without any particular Drupal expertise.
- All necessary configuration is available on install to whatever extent possible.
- Documentation is provided for the non-technical end user.
Open Outreach is aimed at smaller nonprofit and grassroots groups that are without the resources to build a customized site.
- Open Outreach should run on a typical hosted environment without special dependencies.
- Additional functionality must not add complexity that will exclude its use by small or wholly volunteer run groups.
Open Outreach is flexible enough to be used as a base for building a customized site.
- Components can be selectively disabled and there are minimal dependencies between functional components.
- Design decisions should not impose restrictions that will limit expanded functionality.
Open Outreach is built in a modular way based on the Debut Features suite.
- Open Outreach can easily be used as the basis for other distributions, for example one that may serve the particular needs of a subset of the nonprofit community.
- The Debut features on which it is built continue to meet broad use cases rather than being narrowly tied to particular needs.