The Debut Bio feature displays biographical information about an blogger adjacent to their blog or blog entry.
This information is added to an "Author bio" profile that is part of a user's account.
- Create a new user account if necessary (see Creating user accounts). Ensure they have at least blogger permission (or a higher level such as contributor, editor or administrator).
- Or for an existing user, from the "people" user page, select the edit button for the user. Or depending on the permissions set, a user may be able to edit this themselves.
- You will now see an "Author bio" button at the top of the page. Clicking on this button will let you add a first and last name as well as a short bio. Save your changes then return to the main user edit page via the "Account" button.
- Here you can upload a user picture if you haven't already done so.
- Save all your changes.
- The photo, name and bio will now appear in the sidebar for this user's blog and any of their blog entries.