Open Outreach provides an out of the box feature rich website for nonprofits. Built as a distribution of the free Drupal web software, Open Outreach is currently powering more than 300 websites.
A Drupal distribution is designed so that much of the functionality that is required to build a website is available after a simple download. In essence it packages together areas of Drupal functionality by pre-configuring and enabling the modules required for these elements. Open Outreach contains features frequently used by organizations such as events calendars, a blog and ways to engage with members.
Key features of Open Outreach:
- Home page design featuring a slideshow display and a carousel display of recent media.
- Article content type for displaying news and other types of articles.
- Nested section pages for organizing the basic structure of your site.
- WYSIWYG (what your see is what you get) editor for easy content posting.
- Event calendar and easy to use repeating date functionality.
- Members-only content type for private content.
- Link content type for providing links to other website resources or internal documents.
- Blog content type with an associated author bio.
- Easy media handling for images and embedded videos.
- Basic social media integration and comment handling.
- Search engine optimization.
- A CRM using RedHen.
- A location content type and map display using OpenLayers.